Why do I want to participate in this programme?
According to the National Institutes of Health, Emotional wellness is the ability to successfully handle life’s stresses and adapt to change and difficult times (https://www.nih.gov). According to the World Health Organisation, Mental health is a state of well-being in which an individual realises his or her own abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and is able to make a contribution to his or her community (https://www.who.int).
The objective for the proposed programme will be to support Sanlam employees from a mental health and emotional wellness point of view, which should lead to the following outcomes:
- Improving the outlook of employees who may feel hopeless and lost in the current turbulent Covid-19 times that we live in.
- Thinking, feeling and acting in a more positive manner.
- Handling stress and anxiety better.
- Being more resilient to better deal with failure, crisis and disappointment.
- Relating better to others and developing deeper relationships.
- Living a more purpose-driven life and improving self-esteem as a result.
- Growing the ability to make better choices and live healthy habits.
- A realisation of the importance of continuous personal growth.
- Increasing productivity.
- Energised, healthier and happier employees.