Welcome to the 2021 edition of the popular “Activity Challenge Series”
A series of virtual fun activities to get you moving!
DATE: see countdown-timers on the right of this page
This activity challenge is to get us moving whilst having fun. It is virtual and therefore fully flexible to suit all lifestyles. It is easy, there is a 3 km race for those who want to take it easy and a 10km for the more serious ones.
YOU CAN WIN! 4 spot prizes, R500 Applause Rewards each, for those who complete the race and submit their STRAVA record and photos to us!
You can do it on your own, with your family or virtually with your extended work family. You can walk, run, or cycle. You can see it as a “race” if you wish (but there no prizes for being fast) or just a chance to get out, do something and get some healthy activity into your weekend.
How to enter? Entries are open now – please see countdown timers on the right of this page).
To enter this fun virtual event click on this link: 2021 ACTIVITY CHALLENGE
How do I get my hands on a spot prize*?
Step 1: Download STRAVA from the app store for smartphones (Apple and Android). There is a free download or a premium paid version for the more serious ones. STRAVA is necessary to record your activity. You can share activities and photos from STRAVA. Download STRAVA today and get used to the functionality.
Step 2: E-mail the following before the dates shown on the right of this page to firstname.lastname@example.org OR Whatsapp it to 072 630 8952 –
- Your name and surname
- Screenshot/copy of the STRAVA route recorded of the run, walk or cycle completed on the challenge date.
- Fun photograph of your activity (individual or group)
*Note: Prizes will be selected using a random selection tool, in conjunction with internal audit, but fun photos will definitely catch the judges’ attention! When you share via email or Whatsapp please ensure that all 3 parts of the information required is attached.
Safety first – Your safety is first priority and you are taking part in the virtual fun runs at your own risk. You will also need to be mindful of lockdown regulations applicable to exercise.
Full terms and conditions will be on the link when you register.
For more photos from our recent activity challenges you can visit the Sanlam Intranet here (please note that this is an INTRAnet link and will only work from within the Sanlam Group INTRAnet).
You will need STRAVA: STRAVA is an established activity platform, widely used in the market. Please learn how to take and associate a photo with your activity, within STRAVA.
Sharing Activities from STRAVA
- From your mobile device, select the activity that you’d like to share (the walk, run or cycle challenge activity).
- You can share any activity (including stationary activities or manually created activities,) however, only activities recorded with GPS will include a map or image with stats, and only these (GPS recorded) activities will be eligible for prizes.
- Click the share-icon in your feed or activity view.
- If you’ve attached photos to your activity, you will be prompted to select what you’d like to share (a map or photo). Please share the photo to be eligible for a prize. If you don’t have any photos uploaded to your activity, you will be able to share the map image.
- Next, choose where you’d like to share this activity and photo. You can share using email to email@example.com or using WhatsApp to 072 630 8952.
Download the STRAVA today and test it so you know how to share activities and photos. We look forward to all the shared your activities and photos!