How does Strava work?
Strava is an app that is downloaded onto your smart mobile phone (Andriod or iPhone). Once downloaded you would register (if not already registered) a profile and setup your personal details as you wish.
You would then search for and request access to “Sanlam Wellness SA”. This is a private group so access is approved by an administrator.
Once you have joined the group, you would then use Strava to track your activities, which will be totalled up and used to update the Lead A Walk Challenge leaderboard.
Check back here often for updates!
Join the Sanlam Wellness SA group by clicking on the Stava logo below:
Here are some tips & pointers for using STRAVA in this challenge:
- Only dedicated walks will count towards your team total. Trips around the office, errands and other general walking does not count. (PRO TIP: Name your walk for easy identification. eg. TEAMNAME WALK 1, TEAMNAME WALK 2 etc
- There have been early troubles with getting Strava working. Strava works using your devices GPS signal. Lack thereof is usually the culprit when battling to get Strava working. Here are some Tips to get it working.
- The Strava leaderboard is not in sync with our own, so they do not clearly indicate which team is in the lead, this leaderboard is purely informational (and to spur you on to greater heights!)
- Your Strava name and the name provided in your challenge entry must be exactly the same (edit your Strava name if not).
- Do not set your data-profile to “private” – if you do so we will be unable to access your data and you will be disqualified.
- No team changes, additions, substitutions, from 26 September.
- Strava data will vary, even when you walk in a group and start/stop at exactly the same time. Generally Strava has an accuracy rate of 98% or higher, depending on GPS signal (better outdoors, worse indoors) and your device (each device works differently) – but the differences are minor and over time they become insignificant.
Please remember that you can contact us for advice – just email email@example.com.